(Dr. Anthony Esolen) Defending Boyhood
Anthony M. Esolen is a writer, social commentator, translator of classical poetry, and professor of English Renaissance and classical literature at the Thomas More College of Liberal Arts. He taught at Furman University and Providence College before transferring to Thomas More in 2017.
Esolen has translated into English Dante's Divine Comedy, Lucretius' On the Nature of Things, and Torquato Tasso's Jerusalem Delivered. In addition to multiple books, he is the author of numerous articles in such publications as The Modern Age, The Catholic World Report, Chronicles, The Claremont Review of Books, The Public Discourse, First Things, Crisis Magazine, The Catholic Thing, and Touchstone, for which he serves as a senior editor. He is a regular contributor to Magnificat, and has written frequently for a host of other online journals.
Fr. McTeigue's Show Resources:
- Dr. Anthony Esolen: Defending Boyhood—How Building Forts, Reading Stories, Playing Ball, and Praying to God Can Change the World
- Defending Boyhood Trailer
- Fr. Robert McTeigue, S.J.: Boys to Men—The Dire Need for Godly Friends and Spiritual Fathers
- Fr. Robert McTeigue, S.J.: Have We Abandoned Our Boys to the Lies of the World?
- Fr. Robert McTeigue, S.J.: Why the World and the Devil Hate Men, and What the Church Can Do About It
- Dr. Anthony Esolen Joins the Faculty at Northeast Catholic College
- Richard Louv: The Nature Principle: Human Restoration and the End of Nature-Deficit Disorder
- Bill Whittle: I Can't Believe They Let You Do That!
- The Troops of Saint George Website