Dr. Brian Clayton
In my teaching, I hope to challenge students to live examined lives committed to the pursuit of the Good, the True, and the Beautiful. This is my aim no matter the course I’m teaching or the career my students are pursuing. Philosophy is a way of life aimed at these things. In pursuit of these goals, I find literature and film (particularly popular film) to be ways of exploring what it is to live a good human life as a “sovereign wayfarer” (Walker Percy). I also love soccer, American football, basketball, and NASCAR.
Dr. Douglas Kries is a professor of philosophy at Gonzaga University who is a little embarrassed even to have a personal website, but who still offers it in the hope that others will find it helpful.
Fr. McTeigue's Show Resources:
- Clayton & Kries: Two Wings—Integrating Faith and Reason
- Father Robert Spitzer, S.J.: New Proofs for the Existence of God
- Father Robert McTeigue, S.J.: An Unteachable Society and the Church
- Pope John Paul II: Fides et Ratio (On Faith and Reason)
- James W. Sire: The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog